Opa's place -Where an old rooster visits with friends

Sam, Good to hear from you......albeit short and not so deeply profound or extremely witty!
big_smile.png
I hope you, Granny and Hope are all doing well in this heat! I've missed having a cuppa with you in the morning.

I typed a very long post this morning. It was extremely well written with many things that were either deeply profound or extremely witty. We're talking a long post that I know you would have enjoyed reading. However, I must have hit a wrong key or something and it instantly disappeared into cyberspace. So you will just have to take my word that it was great and hopefully you will respond to my question "How ya'll are"?
lau.gif

Scout's Honor, Sam?

This past month Granny had 7 medical appointments and she wasn't really sick.. When she moved in with us she was legally blind. Her vision was 300/20, the end result of an ocular stroke that she hadn't realized she had had. An injection directly into the retina reduces the swelling of the blood vessels and now her vision is 30/20. Since she will require this injection every 4 weeks for the rest of her life it worked out that there were 2 trip to the eye doctor this month.

She was also in a lot of pain from what had originally been diagnosed as an inoperable deteriorating lower spine and from her arthritis. A re-evaluation of the medication she was on and the prescribing of a completely different regimen eliminated the swelling of her legs and feet, brought her blood pressure under control, and lessened her arthritis pain to the point she is rarely bothered.

Her current GP has been a friend of mine for 30+ years and the moment he saw her walk he told her she needed a hip replacement. Four months later she has hip replacement surgery and that was the end of the debilitating "back pain".

Recently she had been having trouble with her arm hurting after crocheting all day. Three visits to a pain management, 1 for xrays, 1 for a MRI, and the final for the actual treatment. The MRI pinpointed the actual source of the problem was in her neck. Digital radiography insured they were able to inject medication directly and precisely at the exact point of the inflammation. She walk out almost totally pain free.

I often hear people talking about the "good ole days" However the treatments and procedures Granny underwent didn't exist a few short years ago. Had this not been available I would have been taking care of a grumpy old fat lady addicted to pain pills instead of who forward to each each sunrise.

While it is easy to look back at the past and remember things like paying 17 cents for a gallon of gas I also remember that I had a job that paid 40 cent per hour.

Opa, My Dad is in the hospital now with cardiologists determining treatment for valve and blockage problems. We talked of this very subject yesterday. What a tremendous difference in options available for conditions that, in the "good ole days", used to leave us little choice. I'm glad to hear Granny is doing well.

Opa, My Dad is in the hospital now with cardiologists determining treatment for valve and blockage problems. We talked of this very subject yesterday. What a tremendous difference in options available for conditions that, in the "good ole days", used to leave us little choice. I'm glad to hear Granny is doing well.
Last year one of my brothers had valve replacement surgery and it only required two days in the hospital. Once again the good old days are now. I'll be praying for your father's quick recovery.

Back
Top Bottom