Opa's place -Where an old rooster visits with friends

As I had hoped Granny had a fantastic day as did the rest of us as well. The smoked chicken was great as always and I believe the potato salad was the best I've ever made. Every one got up from the table feeling as full as a tick.

OPA - sounds like you have a wonderful family!

For the mothers - My son read later than my daughter. Don't give up.

Also, the fine motor skills for handwriting can come in late. Best not to push too hard until the child is ready.
Thanks for the encouragement--my oldest struggles with handwriting--school sends me mixed messages--and I end up as frustrated as he does.

My brother thinks school should let the boys be graded 2 years behind the girls on a number of abilites.

OPA--smoked chicken and potato salad--yummy

On more than one occasion I have purchased something that failed to meet my expectations. Recently I bought a canoe carrier that consists of a cradle mounted on 12" bicycle tires. There are several carry down canoe launch sites that would allow me access to areas of the rivers I like fish. Those spots are many miles from the closest boat launch so when I saw this carrier I thought it would be the perfect addition to my outdoor equipment.\

I bought it last Friday and today was the first opportunity I have had to attach it to the canoe. I thought it would be wise to not try it by myself in case it turned out to be difficult to use. Today David got back to the shop early enough for use to try it out.

I was shocked. It not only worked, it exceeded my expectations. It was very easy to use and we wheel the canoe all over the yard. It even worked quite well going uphill. No all I need is for the steelhead to return to the rivers.

Opa,

what is the brand name of this divice to manuover a canoe. DH likes to take the boys fishing but they are too small to help with a big aluminum canoe. ( too bad they outgrew the kayak.)

Always welcome when a product exceeds your expectations!
thumbsup.gif

The carrier I purchased from Dunham's Sports is called a Paddleboy all terrain center cart by Seattle Sports. It has 12" bicycle tires and is rated for 300 pounds. It is the most rugged portage cart I could find. They cost $130 but if you go to the website and sign up you get a 20% off discount coupon. You then will also start receiving at least one 20% off each month. Ocassionally they send a 25% off coupon and that is what made the cart a real good bargain.
60631_l.jpg

LL Bean carries it but the best on line price I could find was from http://www.campmor.com/paddleboy-at...html?source=CI&ci_sku=60631&ci_gpa=pla&ci_kw={keyword}

Last edited:
The carrier I purchased from Dunham's Sports is called a Paddleboy all terrain center cart by Seattle Sports. It has 12" bicycle tires and is rated for 300 pounds. It is the most rugged portage cart I could find. They cost $130 but if you go to the website and sign up you get a 20% off discount coupon. You then will also start receiving at least one 20% off each month. Ocassionally they send a 25% off coupon and that is what made the cart a real good bargain.
Great! Thank you Opa. Useful tools are worth the money.

ref: canoe cart opa coupon bicycle tires

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom