Opa's place -Where an old rooster visits with friends

While it is not exactly the boat I'd like, it is the boat that I can afford, so I guess that makes it the ideal boat. I thought that I might need to replace the front and rear decks or maybe the floor, but it turns out that they are aluminum. The gunwales are also line with aluminum so I won't have to worry about rot. I may eventually remove the side console and replace it with a center standup console mounted directly behind the front deck which allows the boat operator to better see and obstacles that might lie ahead.

Granny had a doctor's appointment at the Fungal Outbreak Clinic in Ann Arbor on May 1st and when I was confirming the appointment the nurse informed me that as soon as possible after the doctor's exam they would schedule her for another MRI. This bit of news was going to conflict with Granny's intent to spend May 2nd with my youngest brother. It was his 60th birthday and Granny wanted to be there. After a bunch of schedule changing the clinic was able to get an MRI performed and the results to the doctor before her appointment.

After a thorough exam and discussion of all the pertinent data the doctor again expressed his amazement of how well she had recovered from the potentially life threatening infection. After only 4 months of treatment she has been given a completely clean bill of health while most other infected individuals still face month of treatment. While she still will need monthly exams and another MRI in six months she no longer needs to take the mind altering and physically debilitating drugs. Obviously someone was watching over her and all of your thoughts and prayers in her behalf have been greatly appreciated.

Sam, This is great news!
highfive.gif
I hope Granny had a wonderful time with her "boys" on your brothers' birthday.

That is such great news Opa! I think we all know that while God was undoubtably on board, the one who was watching over her and caring for her every need was her Sam. Hope she has a ball at your brother's.

That is such great news Opa! I think we all know that while God was undoubtably on board, the one who was watching over her and caring for her every need was her Sam. Hope she has a ball at your brother's.

I know I will with her gone for 12 days.............Forgive me Lord, I didn't mean that ...........much.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom