Opa's place -Where an old rooster visits with friends

Found them... they were on a camera with some 'Spring Has Sprung' pics.

36285_p4010001.jpg

Minnie getting to know her new Opa.

36285_p4010009.jpg

Sam's Blue Orp Roo

36285_p4010002.jpg

The chickie babies that y'all ordered

36285_p4070024.jpg

36285_p4070023.jpg

Pretty flower pics

Afternoon all!
Highlander what a glorious place you live in. I want to be your neighbor.
YakLady what a sweet thing you did by giving Minnie to Opa-you are such a thoughtful person.
Maggie I will try to get the eggs to the post office tomorrow-with things such as they are with Boz, I am sitting here on tenterhooks waiting for the phone to ring. My call duck eggs arrived today, so I will let them rest until tomorrow morning when I put them in the incubator. I went and got their little pool today.
Sally way to go for ridding the world of one more canebreak. Should have seen me driving down this LOOOONNNGGGG stretch of road on the way to my sister's house today-I nearly most ran off the road trying to run over what I say was a large Moc-I've warned everyone in the county that I can of this: If you see me driving erratically, I AM NOT DRUNK(I don't drink), I am trying to run over a snake!
smile.png

I had gone to town to the vets office and visit Boz at around noon today. On my way home at about 2:00, my vet called and told me Boz had had a seizure-said he wasn't sure he was going to come back from it-finally called their office about 30 minutes ago and they told me he had improved some. It has been such a roller coaster the last couple of days-I j:idunnoust want him home with me where he belongs.
hit.gif

ETA: Almost forgot, one of our neighbors called last night after DH got home(she hates me so she called when he was home
big_smile.png
) and asked if we had noticed how oddly the horses have been acting...
idunno.gif

Last edited:
Never have cared much for snakes and I can't understand why anyone would want to raise them. Back in the late sixties I was a drill sergeant stationed at Fort Leonard Wood. Most mornings I would drive to work in the dark which made it impossible to see the snakes that would crawl out on the warm asphalt. Some mornings it felt like I was crossing speed bumps and if my hair hadn't been whitewalled it would have been standing on end by the time I got to work. Several of the other NCO's would go back in daylight to gather the rattlesnake hides and rattles.

Quote:
We recently got a message from our son, who is stationed at Pendleton awaiting his second deployment. His message was that he had 'gutted a rattler' that day. His dad responded, "I skinned a 'coon today." Son says, "I'm calling your bluff-I want photo evidence." Tom giggles like a little girl, and runs out to the barn with a camera to take a picture of the coon skin that is stretched out, drying on some plywood (he had shot it and skinned it that day for our little son, Amon). Marine son soon responded with a picture of his gutted rattler. LOL!

smile.png
Hey all, I haven't posted in awhile, however, i been following along. Busy time of year here for me as i run a small nursery and it's a scramble to get the yard, gardens and flower beds all cleaned up before i actually open. The price of iron is up too, prepared is 180.00 a ton and vehicles are 165.00 a ton, so my brother and i have been hauling everyday. He has a big tilt flatbed with a stinger, so we've already hauled about 30 ton.
I finally got my house chickens moved outside and they kept right on laying. Now if i could just get a broody
fl.gif

Lakes all opened up here last week so, soon there will be a mad rush to get my marina set up again for the summer. Almost too much fun!!
gig.gif

I enjoy reading all the posts and seeing the wonderful pics. Good luck to all that are hatching and raising new chicks.
thumbsup.gif

This ol' geezer is already tired and the show is just beginning.
old.gif

Morning everyone.
Hey, Woody! So glad to see you still here with us! No wonder you haven't been posting, sounds like your hands are full. You must have a very fulfilling life.
Not much going on here this morning, just wanted to say hi and hope you all have a good day.

Hi, Woody!

Marina, huh? Cool! Tom and I have had boat fever for a few years now. We bought a farm instead. LOL! One of these days... Tom keeps talking about the two of us getting away somewhere this August. He is thinking somewhere out of the country, and I keep reminding him that there's just no place prettier than Michigan in the Summer. We get a few months out of the year that is absolutely wonderful. If we're going to leave, I'd rather do it sometime during the other 9 months.
lol.png
I told him that if we get away during August, here's my idea of a dream get-away: Take off on our Harley, head up to the Petoskey area and rent a house boat for a week. Fish, swim, fish, ride Harley, swim, fish.

Good morning all. I knew the warm spell we were having wasn't going to last. This is after all, Michigan. So the weather is now typical April in Michigan weather, wet and windy with a chance of snow.
The turkeys that inhabited my yard all winter have discovered the calendar that they must have hidden somewhere. Turkey season opens in two weeks and like all the previous years the turkeys here have disappeared. It's really strange to see so many and then suddenly they're gone. If it goes like previous years we won't see them again until November.
Woody glad to read that you are keeping busy as that will help keep you young. I have a couple of friends that when the retired they just sat down. Never do much of anything and they have become old men. Last week I was working in the yard using a thatching rake, removing all the dead grass. I thought I was moving right along, making pretty good progress until I looked up and saw several vultures circling. I guess I've slowed down more than I thought.

Back
Top Bottom