Opa's place -Where an old rooster visits with friends

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif
gig.gif

Quote:
smile.png
I'm busier than a one-legged guy in a butt-kickin' contest. Got a visual on that???
big_smile.png
wink.png
I try to go all day, but, mostly i still need a nap.
old.gif

Caycee, I say go the houseboat route!!!!!!!!!
wee.gif

Good morning!
caf.gif

I moved the little Ancona ducks from the incubator to the brooder this morning and there are SIX of them! However, two arent doing the greatest so we will just see how they do.
I received more duck eggs yesterday from Tattoo (I hatched out two duck eggs she sent me earlier in the year) and just put them into the incubator, I have the one I just used being disinfected.
Of the quail, I only have 7 now. Sigh. It seems I always lose a few in the first days.
hmm.png

10233_winter_cold_hands.gif
Anyone have any extra heat? The weatherman has gone back to saying that 4 letter word. I think that if the calendar says spring then it should be spring. It's not necessary to keep throwing snow at us just to remind us of aggravating it can be. I've got to keep a close I on the temperature in the coop and make sure the temperature in the brooder doesn't fall to low. I don't want to bring the chicks into the house but I don't want to lose them either. Just have to get through three nights and then the temperatures will return to a little more bearable.

Quote:
I've been doing the same thing Opa. They have been fine in the uber brooder so far. I'm sure I won't get much sleep tonight running back and forth to the garage checking on them.
hmm.png

Bluemoon

Good morning everyone.
I made the difficult decision yesterday to free my doxie, Boz, from the bonds of his old, tired body. He continued to have seizures and refused to eat. When the vet called me he said, "he just isn't coming back from this". I made the call to let him go.
Sometimes knowing you did the right thing doesn't ease the pain...
I hope you all have a blessed day today.

Shelia, I'm sorry for your loss. Having to let them go is difficult, but you did what was best for Boz and not for you. The memories you have of him will see you throught this.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom