Opa's place -Where an old rooster visits with friends

Morning y'all. Highlander, I have it from a reliable source that you are NOT one to bite her tongue. Don't go easy just because I,m a newbie, people might think you're getting soft.

Another beautiful day in the neighborhood. Bright and sunny although a little cool. Hopefully I will be able to get the chicken runs covered today. I also should try to get the xmas lights up. Even though it would seem a little early, just because they are up doesn't mean they have to be turned on. Too many years I have waited until after Thanksgiving and by then the weather has deteriorated to the point that climbing a ladder and stringing lights becomes a nightmare. My old body doesn't seem to tolerate the cold and I need to be bundled to the point of looking like an Eskimo.

Quote:
no worries Opa.. my mom has my husband put hers up on labor day weekend... like you said they dont need to be turned on just yet

Quote:
Or you could just do what most of my neighbors do....put them up permanently.
roll.png

At times I am very thankful that we live too far out to worry about such things. The only ones that could see them would be the lifeflight crew and Santa Claus. No trick or treaters either. 'Course I can't blame them. Our road is pretty dang scary (and long!) at night.

what kind of chickens will you be covering up today opa???? i have a whole bator full hatching now while im at work. miracle of life. always cheerful to go home to
celebrate.gif

I have three flocks of chickens. One coop contains only Welsummers, a second is my "rainbow flock of Ameraucanas, Wyandottes, Speckled Sussex, and ISA Browns. Last is the bantam flock I maintain so my sons can have bite sized pickled eggs. Just how I wound up with 40 birds when I only wanted 3 or 4 laying hens is still one of life's greatest mysteries.

Well the haggis has been freshly plucked, the chicken is bubbling in whisky sauce and the raspberries are soaking in liqueur and I'm getting ready to serve to Mr and Mrs Harlan. Who's hungry? There's plenty!
big_smile.png

Thistle my bonnie lass, I wish I were able to join you for dinner. I'd even eat haggis and be glad for it. Not having been able to come to Florida in July was the first of the two great tragedies to befall me this year.

I've just come from taking Granny to see her doctor. He and his wife has been friends for over 30 years and it is great that Granny likes him as her personal physician. The best part is that he is the first in a long line of doctors that has been able to keep her arthritis under control where she isn't in constant pain and with minimal medication with limited side effects. She claims she intends to live to be 103 to which I can only think "Oh Lord".

Back
Top Bottom