Opa's place -Where an old rooster visits with friends

I sure wish that I had the property necessary to have ratites. I would love to have emus. I recently watched an episode of American Pickers in which they had to cross a field with an emu in it. Those guys guys were absolutely terrified of it and it appeared to me that it wasn't threatening merely curious.

Sitting here this morning trying to work up some ambition. There is much I should be doing. Both of my weed eaters need to be taken in for repair. I have a box of eggs that need to be mailed to a lady who wants bantam eggs for pysanky. I also need to do a little grocery shopping. Yet, here I sit with the morning more than half over reading.

I've had my old dog Daisy on a round of antibiotics to clear up the gingivital abcess. It appears to have worked and she seems much better. She is however still a very old dog. Sometimes she runs around like she did as a puppy but that burst of energy is short lived. She likes to sleep either on the couch or on my recliner. Often she will make numerous attempts to jump up before giving up. Or as she just did, whine to get my attention, and look at me as if to ask "hey, how about a little help here".

Last night around 8pm, during the heigth of a thunderstorm and torrential downpour, Hope's oldest son called to say his wife's water had broke and they we headed for the hospital 30 miles away. So this morning after checking to make sure her stepfather was okay and that he took his medication, she headed for the hospital to sit with her son & daughter-in-law. Finally late this afternoon she called to inform me that the twin girls had arrived. Fortunately she was able to deliver them through natural childbirth. One weighed in at 6 lbs 8 oz and the other at 6 lbs 4 oz. That brings the count up to 5 granddaughters and 1 grandson.

After a gloomy day the sun has finally decided to make an appearance. Since I picked up a weed eater from the repair shop I thought I might take advantage of the pleasant evening weather and do a little weed control. Little seemed to be the operative word. I hadn't gone more than a few few when I promptly ran out of gas. That was all it took to wipe out the little bit of initiative I had. Tomorrow seems like a much better day to tackle that chore.

I thought they use C section for twins!!!!! Holy moley! I hope the mom is OK after that ordeal! Hope no breech delivery unless technology has marveled us for that special delivery for twins.

It took from last night until this afternoon for her to dilate but once the delivery started it took 45 minutes for both to deliver. Mom and babies are doing great.

Back
Top Bottom