Opa's place -Where an old rooster visits with friends

Today was a great day. I heard from all of my kids. Hope's youngest son and his wife and two kids, plus Hope's step father, Dave and Amy, plus Amy's parents all joined us for dinner. I fried a big mess of catfish and everyone ate their fill.

Granny made a cheese cake that I hadn't had to too many years. My grandmother use to make it when I'd visit her so having it today sure brought back some wonderful memories.

Since my Highland daughter was kind enough to remember me today and since I can offer her a piece of our lemon cheese cake I thought that the next best thing would be to post the recipe.

LEMON NO - BAKE CHEESECAKE
1 pkg. lemon Jello
1 c. hot water
8 oz. cream cheese
1 c. sugar
1 lg. can evaporated milk
1 tsp. vanilla or lemon extract (lemon is best)

Dissolve Jello in hot water; cool until it begins to thicken. Beat cream cheese and sugar until well mixed. Add evaporated milk and extract. Beat with mixer until very thick and fluffy. Add Jello slowly and continue to beat for 1 minute. Pour into 13 x 9 inch cake pan, which has graham cracker crust pressed into the bottom. Cool in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST:
2 c. graham cracker crumbs
1/2 c. powdered sugar
1/2 c. melted butter

Mix together and press into 13 x 9 inch pan.

Sam, that cheesecake recipe got my sweet tooth acting up! I'm still in CA and trying to find things Mom will eat. Maybe this will spark her interest. I think I will try it tomorrow. Glad you had a good Father's Day. You sure have earned it.
Today was a bad day. She was very weak and tired. Thursday she spent almost an hour in her wheelchair. She has been exhausted ever since. We are planning her 90th birthday party for July 7 and I am going home on the 10th; I am just exhausted and can't stay any longer. The same care givers she had before will return. Can't wait to get home to my hubby and my critters. It will be 5 weeks when I return home.

Since my Highland daughter was kind enough to remember me today and since I can offer her a piece of our lemon cheese cake I thought that the next best thing would be to post the recipe.

LEMON NO - BAKE CHEESECAKE
1 pkg. lemon Jello
1 c. hot water
8 oz. cream cheese
1 c. sugar
1 lg. can evaporated milk
1 tsp. vanilla or lemon extract (lemon is best)

Dissolve Jello in hot water; cool until it begins to thicken. Beat cream cheese and sugar until well mixed. Add evaporated milk and extract. Beat with mixer until very thick and fluffy. Add Jello slowly and continue to beat for 1 minute. Pour into 13 x 9 inch cake pan, which has graham cracker crust pressed into the bottom. Cool in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST:
2 c. graham cracker crumbs
1/2 c. powdered sugar
1/2 c. melted butter

Mix together and press into 13 x 9 inch pan.

That's not going to do my diet any good at all!

Sam, I stole your lemon pie recipe, and put it on my facebook page.. I didn't have any lemon jello, but I did have lime.. It was delicious.. Thanks... Will

droolin.gif
Stop!! Enough already..........

Back
Top Bottom