open bator to

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by kelliepulido, May 3, 2009.

1. kelliepulido

kelliepulido Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2008
    st.john's mi
    My humidty is 60% should I slip in a sponge?To try and raise it a bit or not?I have about 7 pipped but none zipped.

2. Dread Pirate Roberts

Dread Pirate Roberts Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2009
    NorCal
    absolutely not. it will kill the unhatched. there's nothing wrong with 60%, I keep mine at 58-60 for the hatch and it tends to rise just a bit as the peeps hatch.

3. kelliepulido

Mar 18, 2008
    st.john's mi
    ok thanks glad I wiated for an answer before I opened her up.One is trying to zip now about 1/2 way finished a little showgirl they are soo darrn cute.

4. Ruditchka

Ruditchka Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2009
    65% during hatching is optimal, so at 60% now and the added humidity from the wet chicks as they start hatching, this should be about perfect! Good Luck!

5. NancyP

NancyP Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2009
    Bonifay,Florida
    [​IMG]
    keep us posted and we expect pictures
    happy hatching

6. kelliepulido

Mar 18, 2008
    st.john's mi
    3 are out 2 showgirls,and 1 blrw,splash silkie is zipping slow but sure.! showgirl is black with some streaks of yellow andthe other is yellow

7. Dread Pirate Roberts

Dread Pirate Roberts Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2009
    NorCal
    Quote:That's awesome! How many eggs are in there? How's the humidity?

8. kelliepulido

Mar 18, 2008
    st.john's mi
    I started out with 40 shippped eggs,22 made the first toss no developement.The last 18 looked good so we will see.I have 4 out now the splash is out,so out of 6 showgirls 4 went on after the first toss,3 are out one is pipped,2 blue cochins are pipped,only 2 of the 16 barnyard and some pure blrw made it 1 is out nothing on the other egg yet.Humidty is about 63% now

Last edited: May 3, 2009
  9. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Sending lots of good hatching dust your way! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. kelliepulido

Mar 18, 2008
    st.john's mi
    Thankss I jusst love the showgirls they are so darn cute and the black one is even cuter.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by