Open wounds under wings ***NEW PICS****

Thank you. I made some no sew's with snaps and an old pair of jeans but they aren't so great. I found a link on here of some fairly cheap and nicely made ones from a woman. Her poo came back to normal. Now I am thinking the wound has to do with some of her stress, for sure, but I think she might be egg bound. Thinking about giving my hen a warm bath is insane to me but I will do anything for her. This bath will also give me a chance to clean her wound again. It is scabbing but there is some skin that is not like a FLAP but a little just kinda flappy like. I can't sew it to her...not sure what to do about that. I thought I was getting chickens, feed them, they give me eggs, all is well. Farming is hard life! :)

I thought that too! I was actually looking at beehives instead of chickens and then realized bees were bugs. And chickens were cute and fluffy. Then I found out chickens can get bugs too! Aackk! It took my hen a month to start laying again. But the apron really helped. When I've had to bathe mine, they actually kind of relaxed in the warm water. It was nice to have a helper, but not vital.

Mine actually had a large flap. I didn't do anything with it, the part of it that died came off like a big scab. I was actually very surprised that it healed. I was going to cull her, thinking that would be most humane, but decided as long as she was fighting to live, I would try too, and I learned alot.

Good luck.

Last edited:
I gave her a bath, sat her in my lap wrapped up and on a heating pad. I let her into the coop alone with the nesting boxes and bless her heart she bounced back and forth from one to another, she is trying. Today is the first day I can feel fullness there. It is not hard. And she does not like it when I massage. I just kept her warm and trying to relax her. I had to leave for the day but tomorrow I will be giving her rounds of warmth to try to move this along. We are on day 5 of no egg. Today is also the first day her bum looked red. I have to save her!

Back
Top Bottom