Opened my bator to add water...surprise!

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Terri O, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Terri O

Terri O Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]

Thirteen babies! They are waaay adorable too (of course) These are from my adults that I got in the spring. I should have more hatching every day now for a while! [​IMG]
    Terri O

2. 10 point

10 point country boy

Feb 19, 2011
    LaFayette, NY
    [​IMG] congratz

3. Terri O

Thanks--wasnt expecting them until Friday...had to boot my guineas a little early!

4. Missi

Missi Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2011
    Naples, FL
    HOORAY! So precious!!! Congrats!!!!

5. snyd08

snyd08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2011
    i had 2 different clutches set in my turners... i moved the WRONG set into the hatcher... so when i went to check the temp the other day on the turner/bator i saw about 30 little chicks all over the place and still zipping... [​IMG] one of my best hatches and i had them still turning! [​IMG]...

6. Terri O

I hear ya on the ignoring them thing...for this batch I just put eggs in there every day as I gathered them...then moved them around a bit each day with my hand while adding. Water when I thought about it. Funny that when I did it "by the book" I only hatched a few! (Now I have probably jinxed myself!) I wonder how many more will be out tonight? I think I added about 5 a day for about a week...cant wait to try quail on my plate! I guess I better take a tour on the web and read about butchering the little buggers! (I really hope I can...) TErri O

7. greymane

greymane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Snyder County, PA
    Sometimes it goes like that. Congrats on the babies!

8. Tikkajazz94

Tikkajazz94 Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] congrats!

9. snyd08

snyd08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2011
    Quote:they are very easy to process. i think they are the easiest critter that i know how to clean. i hunt everything from deer, duck, goose, dove, rabbit, ettc..etc.. and quail are easiest. youtube has a decent video of processing a&ms.

10. Eyeheartquail

Eyeheartquail Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2011
    Cute!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by