Opinions on these two yearlings?

thndrdancr

Songster
12 Years
Mar 30, 2007
Belleville, Kansas

I had seen these two hens on Craigslist. They are advertised as silver pied yearling hens $75. This is the picture the guy sent when I asked for pics. I thought silver pied would have more white?

I was ready to jump on these and even make a long drive but I hate it when pictures are not posted or are fuzzy!

Would like your opinions because I am not super impressed here.

Besides right now I am not home, currently waiting on that coconut to fall on me. :). What a horrid flight though to get here, 8 1/2 of being scrunched into a 22 inch or so it felt space!

Hope sis takes good care of my birdies!

Thanks q8, I was thinking same thing.
At least they sure didn't look anything like pictures I have seen.

And thanks for safety wishes, I have arrived late last night, so relaxing in Hawaiian. It's hot after being used to cool nights inKansas, but hey no asthma! No field burning, all that smoke just kills me. :(

I think I shall tell the guy no.

I was entering a Travel Channel contest daily for about a month to win a trip to Hawaii and tomorrow I think is when they announce the winner. I would love to join you in Hawaii!
fl.gif
You will have to smell in some plumeria flowers for me!

I agree that the two birds are pieds.
wink.png

Oh wouldn't that be fun! I would love to see some fellow chicken people! If I was close I might go ahead and tell the man yea, but he lives 8 hours away in Missouri, just is going to be in ks this weekend with a Spaulding male I think and those girls. Even Kansas City is a 4 hour drive though. Minx, I will definitely sniff a plumeria for you!

My friend has these 2 turtles that someone dumped on him 2 days ago, they are so cute but I was worried for them. The tank was half full and its tiny! They are swimming frantically about. :(. We don't know exactly how to take care of them. For all I know they are hatched baby sea turtles, I can't seem to find them on the Internet.

They aren't red eared sliders but they look similar to those. Probably in the slider family for sure. My friend used to have a few red eared sliders. Make sure you wash your hands after every time you handle them. My friend first kept his in a glass fish tank and you can buy a Styrofoam fake rock that suctions onto the side of the glass that the turtles can get onto or you could stack rocks in there for them. When my friend's turtles got bigger he bought one of those plastic small ponds and dug a whole in the ground and placed it in there and surrounded it with rocks. There was even a small fountain in the center of it. Just be aware that raccoons might get them so they might need crevices to hide in.

What you have there is an aquatic type turtle but they do need to have access to a dry place like a rock. I am not sure what you would feed them. I know the wild ones at our pond like the catfish chow.

Do they have a yellow belly? They might be yellow-bellied sliders.

Last edited:
I don't know about sliders, as these have the soft swimming feet, like a sea turtle. They weren't meant for land. Picture doesn't show the feet that well. Are slider swimming turtles?

My sister says someone told her turtles can carry some sort of disease or something? I have been washing hands with soap but just used to that from handling my own critters. Thanks for the info Minx!

Quote:

I had seen these two hens on Craigslist. They are advertised as silver pied yearling hens $75. This is the picture the guy sent when I asked for pics. I thought silver pied would have more white?

I was ready to jump on these and even make a long drive but I hate it when pictures are not posted or are fuzzy!

Would like your opinions because I am not super impressed here.

Besides right now I am not home, currently waiting on that coconut to fall on me.
smile.png
. What a horrid flight though to get here, 8 1/2 of being scrunched into a 22 inch or so it felt space!

Hope sis takes good care of my birdies!

Irrespective if the birds are pied or silver pied they are not in good conditions. The plumage looks very worth the crests pecked off.

I would never buy birds, which is coming out of such a stock. It is a shame to send such pictures to you.

I agree, pf. I was a bit appalled by the picture myself but it is so hard to tell from 1 blurry picture what the situation is and I try to be diplomatic. And I don't know situation but I felt a bit like they were in need of rescue myself. :(

I don't know when someone is trying to sell something, that they would not take better pictures at least? Beyond my understanding. I usually tell folks that buy from me I will give them their money back if the bird dies of illness within a months time. Anything beyond that I figure is on them. :)

Back
Top Bottom