Opinions on worm load?

Is a small worm load acceptable?

• Nuke it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • It's all part of living outside and eating dirt.

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters
Most all of the medications are the exact same thing when it comes to animals.
Horse paste is easy to use and cheaper than a whole bottle of the same medicine.
;)
This is true. Ok which horse paste do I get. I’ll pick some up tomorrow. I have to go to the Sardinia Tsc because WU doesn’t have the other thing I need.

The liquid for goats is *much* less expensive.
Five tubes of paste (25 ml each/25 grams each) = one bottle of goat liquid (125 ml).
Ok maybe I worded it wrong.
One tube of paste is cheaper than one bottle, if you only need to use just a little.

Was just reading your worming article. I get panacur for "free" as part of my vet health plan with the rabbits. They insist on giving me two tubes a year per bun, even though latest research indicates it should not be used routinely, but only when there are symptoms. I just save it up and ship it off to rescues, keeping a few back for myself. But if it can be used off-label on the chickens that's great. Flubenvet ain't cheap! Seems that the equine and rabbit pastes are both 18.75% so no maths required either.

Will get a test done anyway, and treat according to vet's advice, but thereafter could use the panacur for the six monthlies.
May I ask what you recommended dosing amount is with the Panacur?

Back
Top Bottom