Opinions on worm load?

Is a small worm load acceptable?

• Nuke it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • It's all part of living outside and eating dirt.

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters
May I ask what you recommended dosing amount is with the Panacur?

The rabbit tubes are dosed in graduations, to make life easy. 1 graduation per 2.5kg, for 9 days as a routine dewormer and for 30 days for a definite infestation (at least for e.cuniculi, not sure about other parasites, but I guess the same?).

So there are 10 graduations to a 5g tube. A single graduation must be 0.5g then. Which is a tiny amount to work with if you don't have the syringe.

Or 20mg/kg fenbendazole, if you're using a different product. Might take some maths.

The rabbit tubes are dosed in graduations, to make life easy. 1 graduation per 2.5kg, for 9 days as a routine dewormer and for 30 days for a definite infestation (at least for e.cuniculi, not sure about other parasites, but I guess the same?).

So there are 10 graduations to a 5g tube. A single graduation must be 0.5g then. Which is a tiny amount to work with if you don't have the syringe.

Or 20mg/kg fenbendazole, if you're using a different product. Might take some maths.
@casportpony did the math for us!
:woot

Thank you.

Rabbit tubes in the UK are 18.75% (187.5 ml per one ml). Here in the US paste is 10% (100 mg per one ml).
panacur_rabbit_1.png

Was just reading your worming article. I get panacur for "free" as part of my vet health plan with the rabbits. They insist on giving me two tubes a year per bun, even though latest research indicates it should not be used routinely, but only when there are symptoms. I just save it up and ship it off to rescues, keeping a few back for myself. But if it can be used off-label on the chickens that's great. Flubenvet ain't cheap! Seems that the equine and rabbit pastes are both 18.75% so no maths required either.

Will get a test done anyway, and treat according to vet's advice, but thereafter could use the panacur for the six monthlies.
My bad, I missed this post. So sorry. :oops:

Back
Top Bottom