Opinions Please-- All Boys?

TerriLaChicks

Crowing
11 Years
Apr 23, 2008
Central Louisiana
Let me know if these photos are not clear enough & I'll try to get better ones. I'm thinking all boys? They are IB split to white.

Vishnu, 9 weeks old now:

9393_vishnu.jpg

Wookie, 13 weeks old:

9393_wookie.jpg

White Spot, 13 weeks old (& do you think he will keep that white spot at the base of his crown)?

9393_white_spot.jpg

Look like all girls and They are beautiful

Here is my male born in july of this year
peas.jpg

and here are my females born in july and aug of this year
peas62.jpg

LOL all look to be girls! Looks like you'll be shoping for a Boy!

O. my. GOODNESS!!!!!!!!

I was SO hoping I was wrong! because the one I did NOT get a picture of has a completely different feather pattern---and it looks identical to the one you posted Zazouse -- it is all narrow barred feather patterns completely over his entire body, not "blotchy" like the other 3 are.

WHOO-HOOO!!!! you all made my day!!!! Thank you so much!

edit to add: No shopping necessary LMEggs -- I'm sure the one remaining is a boy! He is slightly taller & bigger all over than these three & like I said, has the narrow bars all over. I'll try & get a pic of him to post, just to make sure.

O boy! I can look forward to 25% chance of a white peacock! Doing the happy dance here!

Last edited:
barnie.gif
I was WRONG. We have all girls. Yesterday evening my husband & I caught & carefully examined our largest one that we thought was a male & compared it to the pic of your male ZaZaouse (I printed it out at work) & to the rest & that one also has the "blotchy" patterning - it just has a bigger train than the others so it looked like all narrow banding from a distance.

So -- if anybody has any extra males they want to sell, PM me please!

I am laughing at the irony of this; because every time I set chicken eggs to hatch, I get mostly roosters!

I find the easiest way to tell if you have a peacock or peahen is by the flight feathers. Peacocks have a rusty red color and peahens have more of a chocolate brown color. Also if you compare them in height you can also tell by the height of the bird.

Back
Top Bottom