Opinions?

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by Sphynxii, Sep 10, 2013.

1. Sphynxii

Sphynxii Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2013
    Im going to pick up two turkeys today a young male and a young female... I have a choice between lilacs or slates and seems as im new to turkeys which toms do you think look best? i had a look on the internet, i like the blue on the lilac but the slate was so handsome too...

2. Incukahlan

Incukahlan Out Of The Brooder

Jul 17, 2012
    Phoenix, AZ
    How fun! I like the Slate myself. Toms are so beautiful though I'm not that picky. You're going to have to post pics!

3. Sphynxii

Aug 21, 2013
    Oh i definantly will im hopeing their big enough to sex! I cant wait to get my first tom! At the moment one of my hens is sitting on duck eggs and the other on chicken eggs poor girls will be in for a shock :p

4. Mac14

Mac14 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2012
    Northern California
    Can't wait to see pics! :)

1 person likes this.
  5. Incukahlan

Jul 17, 2012
    Phoenix, AZ
    Ha, that's funny. I have heard that mama chickens still think that when the ducks hatch they are chickens. They panic when watching them go into water, lol. I'm sure the turkeys are going to be gorgeous. Looking forward to seeing some pics.

6. Sphynxii

Aug 21, 2013
    Yeah my grandfather tells me myy poor girl will go off her head when they hop in the water haha

7. Incukahlan

Jul 17, 2012
    Phoenix, AZ
    Funny stuff. Lol. You just need to make sure she doesn't drown trying to get them out of the water. Although I've heard/seen that chickens can swim(youtube is so enlightening) I don't know if it's a self-taught skill or comes naturally. Lol. Wouldn't want to test the theory. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. Sphynxii

Aug 21, 2013
    [​IMG]

on the left thats Kat
    and on the right is Marshall hopeing its a biy because its boof headed :p

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by