Order from cackle ? Special box.

ccochinman30

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jan 1, 2015
Phoenix az
Going to order the special box from cackle. I would like to know if anyone ordered this be for read some post from 5 years ago would like to know of some updated ones. And what time if year you ordered. I want to order next week 1/10 ish it's called the assorted

Last edited:
frow.gif
and welcome to Backyard chickens. I'm not familiar with Cackle(or the other hatcheries). I'm guessing "special" means an assortment of certain breeds - maybe layers or exotics etc. If the chicks have to travel a distance from the hatchery, maybe it is better to wait for warmer weather. Sorry to say but, the post office doesn't always regard chicks as living, perishable creatures. Some hatcheries add male chicks as box warmers - so you could end up with a lot of cockerels to deal with or have for dinner.

I'm sure others will be replying to you as the morning progresses, some probably will have experience with Cackle,etc. and can give you better advice than I can.

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. I've ordered from Cackle on several occasions and have been happy with their birds and service, however it's been a number of years since I last ordered from them, so I cannot give you the benefit of recent experience with them. I agree with drumstick diva that it's not a very good time of the year to order chicks. Not only will they have to travel in much colder, harsher weather, but you will have to keep them in a heated place for a long time when you get them. Also, your selection of breeds will be much more limited at this time of year than if you order in the spring. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. If you do go ahead and order now, good luck with your chicks.

welcome-byc.gif
celebrate.gif

Welcome to BYC!!! There are loads of members on here…so if you have ANY questions…just ASK!!!

Hope you have loads of fun and all your answers answered here on BYC the BEST CHICKEN KEEPING FORUM on EARTH!!

welcome-byc.gif
celebrate.gif

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

I have never ordered from Cackle myself however I have never heard anything negative about them either. And yes, definitely wait until the weather is warmer in your territory. Winter deliveries through the post office with chicks and many times they die in transit due to cold exposure. So be patient, (and I know how hard that is! LOL) and wait till spring when it is not going to get below freezing day or night.

Enjoy this new journey you are on and if you have any further questions along the way, feel free to ask. Welcome to our flock!

Back
Top Bottom