order from my pet chicken

Keene's coop

Songster
9 Years
Feb 8, 2010
neenah, wisconsin
so i just ordered from my pet chicken about a week ago. they sent my confirmation and a few other emails and told me that that was my only confirmation i was getting. my babies are not comming until the first week of june. i wanted them in may, but i guess i waited too long and had a choice of april or june. chose june since i'm only getting 6. wanted warmer weather and extra time to build my coop. for those of you who ordered from them, are they serious about just that one confirmation? do they notify you when they are shipped? i'm confused. by the way, i have not told my dh about my ordering yet. oops!
smile.png

I got my first five chickens last July from My Pet Chicken and have another order of 13 more due from them in May. Yes, they give you the one confirmation but you can keep track of it on their website. The girls I got are healthy, happy and have never had a problem, so I would certainly endorse My Pet Chicken.

Last edited:
Yes, they were all female. I just corrected my first post. Looking back over my emails, I realize that they didn't send me a shipping notice but I checked it online. If you're like me, you won't forget when your chickens are coming!

I didn't tell my husband I had ordered 25 until my Dom lost her chick and was having a fit. Hubby asked if I wanted to go to the feed store and pick up a couple and I kind of broke it to him then.
I love MPC! Service is great and 26 chicks showed up healthy and grew like little weeds.
I kept calling them because I was so excited. Even called a week early terrified my chicks were lost and found out I just hadn't waited until ship date. Oops!
At least they had a good laugh.

MPC does a great job sexing their chicks, I was able to track my order and stuff on their website. They were all healthy no DOAs and I think they arrived a day after shipment. I believe they only ship on Mondays...

All five of my chicks from MPC were correctly sexed --- BUT we got a misfit breed. We'd ordered five bantam buff brahmas, and requested no subs.

Later I recanted on the no-subs and emailed them to switch, but they said it was too late. Still we ended up with one bantam EE. SO GLAD we did! She is our favorite! But they had no record of a sub, and we had to wait until she started laying to know for sure that she was an EE.

I intend to order from them next time. Love them - beautiful birds, great service.

i thought they only ship on mondays too, but the first ship date in june is june 1, which is a tuesday. unless they messed up on the date. well i feel better about the sexing thing. it will be great to get away with 6. i live on a corner with a small yard so EVERYONE can see what i have. we have a garden next to the sidewalk. i'm thinking about putting up (man i can't think of what it is called). the wood stuff you place aroung maybe your prch, the criss cross stuff. anyway, thinking about putting that up along the back of the garden. i think that will help alot. thanks everyone.

Back
Top Bottom