Ordered 2 breeds of same color...ID which is which?

JAK Rabbitry

Songster
10 Years
May 22, 2009
Freedom, PA - Pittsburgh area
I ordered some Silver Laced Wyandottes and Cuckoo Marans from MacMurray....and as i've read that technically the 2 colors are differemt i'm wondering how much different they really look on a peep, because since I got them 4 weeks ago I haven't been able to tell them apart.

One coloration is now showing very distinct striping and the other is mostly dark with some brown and cream on their faces. And then only one of the 2 darker ones has 2 stripes running down it's back (cream colored). So in a sense I have 3 different colorations here.

Can anyone identify the difference between the 2 breeds?
IDStripes.jpg

IDdarks.jpg

well, in this order we had cuckoo marans, SLW, buff orpingtons (which were easy to ID) and a couple Aracaunas. We thought though the aracaunas were these ones that were cream colored with red and black striping, and looked like the picture offered on the hatchery's site. But my cat got those. GRRR.

-JAK

Quote:
Ah, thank you for the input. Maybe that's what i've got. My friend actually ordered the SLW and whe nthe peeps came in and she came over to take hers home, then we realized the error. So we just split them up and figured once they feathered out we'd trade in the spring.

I'm pretty sure your bottom two are SLWs, they will get more white as they feather in. You'll notice the combs in the SLWs are (or at least should be) flat as they will have rose combs. They also have yellow legs.

Bottom ones are Wyandottes, they just won't have very good lacing at all. I had a couple that were nearly black like that too. Top is the Cuckoo Marans.

Back
Top Bottom