ordered my new hens!!!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by joyful-homemaker, Jul 20, 2007.

1. joyful-homemaker

joyful-homemaker Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2007
    central ohio
    I just ordered my new hens, they are 17 week laying hens. They will be ready for pick up in mid September. I am so excited. I don't like to do the brooder thing and really don't have any place to put babies till they are big enough to go in with the rest of the hens so this works well for me. I ordered 6 hens - 3 are black austrolorps and three are speckled sussex. I am concidering adding 3 silver laced wyandots, but I'm going to sleep on it first. Can't wait till they get here!:[​IMG]

joyful homemaker

2. wendy

wendy On the Hill

Jun 14, 2007
    central louisiana
    [​IMG] yeah! where did you order them that old? just wondering, we got ours at 4-5 months old from a local guy. my husband wants some more but a different breed.

3. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    Congrats on your new girls and make sure to post pictures when they arrive.

4. joyful-homemaker

joyful-homemaker Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2007
    central ohio
    Wendy - I ordered them from meyer hatchery, I have had good luck with them in the past. They have about a dozen different breeds to choose from! Next year they said if they get enough requests they might get easter eggers Yippee [​IMG]
    (how do I post pics, I would love to put pics up of my current pretty birds too)

joyful homemaker

5. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

To post pics...load them in photobucket. Ite easy and free.
    www.photobucket.com

then after they are loaded, under each pic, there are url's. THe bottom one, double click..you will see it says "copied"
    Then paste it to here. Good luck...I cant waite to see pics.
    Oh, and congrats on your new hens!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by