Ordered Turkeys Whatt happens if...

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by lnm03, Jun 9, 2010.

1. lnm03

lnm03 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2008
    OK, I ordered 6 burbon reds from Cackle hatchery rec'd 5/19 and three died. no big deal as they shipped more and i received new ones....BUT my first batch and second batch look COMPLETELY different! my first batch is feathering out WHITE! my 3 that I just got today are most likley burbon reds because the have some red in them where the first ones fuzz was yellow!

first group - what am I? any ideas?
    [​IMG]

received today
    [​IMG]

I'm new to turkeys but maybe i should have noticed this right away. I just thought they were yellow chicks that would feather out properly! boy was i wrong!!! Will they send me the correct order or am i stuck with what i have since i didnt notice it right away? Ive tried calling them but the line is busy!

2. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Steve_of_sandspoultry Overrun With Chickens

Call and or email them and send them the pics. That isn't a Bourbon red. I've heard a few reports this year of mixed orders and they made it right but I don't know which hatchery.

Steve

3. lnm03

Oct 6, 2008
    I finally got ahold of them and they told me to email pics of what ive gotten and a discription of what happened and they will get back with me.

In the meantime does anyone know what i received the first time?

edited to fix typos (sorry I only have 1 hand for 13 more days tendinitis)

Last edited: Jun 9, 2010
  4. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Either a Midget White or a White Holland. It doesn't look big or bulky enough to be a Broad Breasted White. The BBW's have very thick legs and are more rounder in shape.

Steve

5. lnm03

Oct 6, 2008
    Thanks Steve!!! I appreciate all your help/advice!!!!!!!!!!

6. Steve_of_sandspoultry

glad to help!

7. Lotsapaints

Lotsapaints Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2010
    Paso Robles, CA
    Cackle doesn't sell Hollands or Midget white so I would think it will be a Royal Palm time will tell

8. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Quote:If they don't carry Midgets or Hollands then it almost has to be a Palm.

Steve

9. KOTurkeyRanch

KOTurkeyRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2009
    Western PA
    Quote:If they don't carry Midgets or Hollands then it almost has to be a Palm.

Steve

Agreed.

10. ColbyNTX

ColbyNTX Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Woods, TX
    Looks like my RP poults. Hopefully the will send the correct ones and you get some cool RP's for free!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by