Ordering Extra Chicks To Sell? Nevermind.

I think it really depends on what you are selling.

In my experience with the local poultry swaps there are always people looking for good laying hens. They're not interested if they're show quality or if they are a fancy breed. They want birds that will lay eggs and plenty of them. They really want them when they're old enough to no longer need a brooder because they're easier to keep.

Now whether you can make any money on them depends on what started pullets go for in your area and your local feed prices. With the way feed has been going up it's going to take some careful management to not spend more on them than you can sell them for.

I went to TSC today and they let me get 4 chicks instead of 6 since I already have 4 chickens. I got ISA Brown pullets. It was my original first choice before I changed my mind to BA's. I just really didn't want to pay $36 in shipping or possibly end up with a roo. So, hopefully I don't end up sorry I changed my mind. AGAIN. There was a really cute tiny black bantam that tempted me but with my luck it'd end up a roo and have to be rehomed. It sure was cute though.

Back
Top Bottom