Ordering from Brinsea is really hard

Ok. How then would you define or describe the feeling in the pit of my stomach after I was tempted by frugality to enter a coupon code which was accepted for a product that clearly stated it wasn't allowed and something within me said " this, most importantly, isnt right and furthermore likely a waste of time" ? I PERSONALLY felt like I would be trying to pull a fast one. I don't give expired coupons to my grocer either. Maybe my sense of right and wrong doesn't fit into today's reality.

As I have explained previously, there was no "clearly stated" notice in red, or otherwise, that coupons were not accepted. I expect that they added such a notice following my initial post. Brinsea is a sponsor and they do poke around here, you know. "Pulling a fast one" does not apply in my situation, and I was rather taken aback at the suggestion. It is a merchant's responsibility to properly maintain its electronic real estate. To go back and make adjustments, so to speak, once an order is seemingly properly placed, is unprofessional and aggravates would-be customers.

(To respond to your unrelated point: Many stores, grocers included, do indeed accept expired coupons as a matter of policy--it is their prerogative to accept them or not. Transactions take place if they are mutually agreeable exchanges; that is elementary economics. I see no need for guilt in any case.)

At the very least, someone from customer service or sales should have called the OP and informed them that they do not accept coupons on scratch and dent items and then inquire if they still wanted the item at the revised price. To just cancel an order out of the blue like they did indicates that the company does not care to have you as a customer. I, for one, will gladly take that hint and spend my money elsewhere.

In today's world, there is no excuse not to be able to keep the selling part of the website synched with the inventory part. They are computers, it is what they do.

As for the coupon code, same deal. If they don't want to accept them for certain items, then they need to set up their sales software properly.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom