Ordering from Metzer's - what do I need to know?

Denninmi

Songster
10 Years
Jul 26, 2009
I'm thinking about placing an order for some Golden 300 hybrids from Metzer's for shipment either next week or the following week.

Since I generally have been working 5 days a week lately, I will probably use my work address.

What do I need to know?

Will the post office deliver right to me, or do I need to pick them up at the post office? If I have a choice, is it better to pick them up?

Sorry, I'm just nervous about doing this. I know a lot of people do it, but it seems so hard to ship little babies across a continent like that.

Most generally the post office will call you to pick them up. One suggestion, when you know the order has shipped, call the post office and give them a heads up that you are expecting a delivery of live animals.
smile.png

I live in a rural area and peeping boxes are not uncommon at the post office. I left a note for our mail woman to let her know I'd order them, when they should ship and when they were expected to arrive.
Left that note in the box on Friday.
Shipped Monday.
I received a call at 6am Wednesday letting me know a peeping box had arrived and I could come on in and grab them.

Not to scare you, but my first order of ducklings from Metzer Farms didn't make it. The shipment got held up in the mail. When I reordered I made sure the post office knew they were coming. I got a phone call at 3:30 in the morning from the distribution center letting me know that I had ducklings waiting. I am not a morning person, but it was so worth finding their first stop in the system, and getting them from there. Rather than at 7:30 from my local PO. The distribution center is only 30 minutes away so I didn't have to drive far. The replacement ducklings are now 10 weeks old, and I just love them. It will be another early start for me in the morning, as I have a order coming from Holderreads. Can't wait!

Back
Top Bottom