Ordering from privett

Me + Peeps

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jun 16, 2009
I am thinking of ordering four or five chicks from privett hatcheries, does anyone have any positive/negative feedback from ordering from them?

Last edited:
My chicks came from Privett. I ordered Marans but they were sold out. I got Dominiques instead. I also got Buff Orpingtons and EE's. Lost 1 the first week, the rest are growing like weeds.

I live in New Mexico, about 5 hours from Privett. The logical thing for me to do was to order from them, as they are the closest hatchery to me. However, Privett refused to sell to me because it would take business away from local feed stores. So, I purchased my 125 birds from Townline Hatchery instead, and had a great experience with them. Makes me mad that I could not buy from them. I don't want to pay inflated prices at a feed store, and besides, there was not one feed store around that could get that many chicks at one time.

I bought a duck from Big R. I knew it came from Privet so I called to see if the duck was a rouen or a mallard (the underpaid teenager at Big R had no clue about duck breeds).

It was one of the most useless conversations I ever had. Seriously...how can you not know if you shipped mallards or rouens
tongue.png

That being said, the duck is very healthy.

I've bought from Privitt before and they were very healthy and lovely chicks. I was very happy with them. However, I had to order 30, so I don't think you can get 4 or 5.
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom