Ordering holderReads runner ducklings??

poultrykeeper08

Songster
11 Years
Feb 12, 2008
Agawam , Ma
If you were to order from holderreads would you order just the normal quality ducklings or would you order the exhibition quality???

Aren't there birds pretty great quality to begin with? Any tips or info would be great

I ordered their TSQ ducks, I cant wait to see how they turn out. I also have a blue Runner from Holderreads who is a good bit taller than my hatchery runners and he stands very upright. The only thing with Finn is...we think hes a sandwich short of a picnic but we do love him
lol.png
but worst of all the love of his life is my Jumbo Pekin...they really are an odd couple.

Last edited:
Even if you order exhibition quality- there is no guarantee that every duckling will turn out to be of that quality. Buying adults ducks so you can see exactly what they look like as adults is the only way to be sure of getting yourself exhibition quality. From memory from looking at their website I think they do actually mention something along that line- ( could have been metzers )

all of my runners over the years have only been from Holderread Farm. very happy with the robust ducklings and an adult drake I had shipped across country. though I do not show, and have ordered pet quality for my backyard flock, all are nice tall quality ducks. The adult drake I ordered last year was one of Dave's first year blue fawn penciled drakes that he didn't need two of for breeding season. so I got lucky and have a breeding quality drake who is a beautiful addition to my flock. As stated in the post before mine, if your goal is show quality, order exhibition ducklings and the average result is one good showbird for every 3 or so ducklings ordered. nothing is guaranteed but I understand that Holderread Farm produces some of the finest quality and many award winning Runners in the U.S.

Back
Top Bottom