Ordinances about poultry in Bixby, Oklahoma

HLGRAY

Chirping
11 Years
Sep 21, 2010
I have a friend in Bixby, OK who is wanting to keep backyard chickens and Guineas. Does Bixby have city ordinances or codes concerning keeping poultry?

I have looked there and did not find what I was looking for. I also left a phone message with code enforcement to call me back a few days ago and no call back yet. So, I posted the question here hoping someone in Bixby would answer back.

I realize this thread is old, but - 01/30/2023

This is the FIRST result when searching for "Bixby Oklahoma Chickens" or "Bixby Oklahoma Backyard Chickens".

Straight from the horse's mouth (Code enforcement) - Bixby doesn't currently outlaw backyard chickens, though if you become a nuisance you could ruin it for everyone.
You may have chickens in Bixby, oklahoma.

This DOESN'T MATTER if you live in an HOA that bans chickens though, as they can (and will) sue you or give you anywhere from 10 days to 30 days to get rid of them if they're against the HOA covenants.

So the long and the short of it is - YES, you can have chickens.in Bixby. Don't ruin it for everyone else by having 14 roosters and putting them under your neighbor's bedroom window. And finally, HOA's are the debil, which everyone knows (Karens Gone Wild!!!).
Enjoy your birds!

Back
Top Bottom