Oregon Fall Poultry Swap - October 22 - Corvallis @ the Fairgrounds!!!

[[[[.......what exactly is the difference between lavender, splash, and blue?......]]]]]

Blue is a dark slate gray. It's black genes with a modifier that dilutes the color.

Splash is a very light silver with slightly darker silver splotches. Splash can fade over time to be such a pale silver it is nearly white. Splash is black genes with two of the modifiers that dilute.

Lavender also contains a brown gene. It is a darker silver and more even in coloring than splash.

Walltenters
Bringing
-A pet quality blue orpington cockerel, has some mealiness to his feathers so would not be for breeding but should be beautiful
-Two GORGEOUS and HUGE MaransxAustralorp cockerels, blue wheatens, looking so pretty!
-Purebred wheaten Marans cockerel, from show lines
-Many Easter Egger cockerels, including some cuckoo and blue cuckoo
-A few purebred Americauna cockerels, I think at least one black and two blues, from show lines
-Several Dominique cockerels, mostly for eating birds but would make good backyard roosters as well
-Several pullets and hens, Dominiques mostly.

Wanting
-Not really anything at this point, I spent too much at the show last weekend!
-Rhonda might like a nice SQ/BQ black Orpington pullet or two

Had to take the EE and Americauna pullet(s) off of there... is anyone interested in a young Great Horned owl that seems to really enjoy easter egger pullets?!

Guess I'd better update my list...

I no longer have a Sultan Pair, I only have a Pullet
hit.gif

I will not charge anything for her - I just want her to find a new friend. She's sort of the oddball around here without her pretty little man to keep her company today.

Quote:
Actually Lavender is a "self-blue" gene and should only be bred into blacks not carrying other modifier or recessive genes. For more info than you would ever want (though pretty easy to read)...

http://kippenjungle.nl/basisEN.htm

so, I have to say it-- so odd this conversation was going today. I went out to take a pic of my "lavender " duck this morning....I could not find her... she is looking darker- more brown maybe...stressed me out all day..she was so beautiful before and I thought "what the,,, happened"...

Updated list

Wanting from Zoomumzy 2 metal chick feeders

Chicknfishn

Bringing
-Silkie chicks 1and 2 week olds, 6 week olds, and teenagers 2-3 months, assorted colors from separate breeding color pens
-Silkie pullets white, partridge, cuckoo, and possibly black
-Silkie roosters, partridge, black and possibly other colors, some are breeder quality and others are pet quality
-Silkie Rooster black split to lavender very nice boy
-Gold Laced Polish hen
-Young Pair White Ameraucanas
-BCM and Blue Copper Marans roosters (the blue copper is a real sweetheart)
-Pullets Light Sussex, Ameraucana/Easter Eggers, Blue Cochin ?
-Feeders and waterers- extra large
-Rabbit metal nest boxes 3 sizes
-Rabbit feeders
-Rabbit waterer bottles
-Pet carriers/kennels
-Cages
-Wire treat ball
-Egg baskets
-Egg cartons
-Cage clipon feeder/waterers
-Clip on Peepers (similar to Perfect Pinless peepers)

Wanting
-Show/Breeder Quality Silkies - Pullets, Hens and Chicks PM me with what you have
-BCM started pullets
-BCM chicks
-glass hens on nests from Oregonjane
-honey from Zanna
-2 metal row chick feeders from ZooMummzy
-Ceramic chicken-themed garden stakes from florchica
-Light Sussex pullets from mountainvieworchards
-Numbered Leg bandettes
-Multicolored Spiral leg bands

A friend of a friend has this roo she would like to re-home. He is supposed to be a 5 month old orp. He was hatched from a school project, her children carry him around everywhere and he sleeps on top of their Golden Retriever but his crowing is causing problems in the neighborhood. Sounds like a super sweet guy. They do not want him to go for dinner. If anyone would be willing/able to give him a home, I will bring him to the swap. Please PM me. See you all Sat!!

Quote:
If no one else wants her I can give her a good home. I'm sure she would fit in with either my bantam cochins or some of my polish. I love the crested breeds.
smile.png
Sorry for your (and her) loss.

I was wracking my brain trying to figure out what to donate to the raffle. Then I decided that I should just toss some cash in the pot. But, today I decided what I wanted to donate. Sorry it is coming so late....hard to keep up with everything. So, I am donating 2 framed watercolors done by me. I figure someone may like them...I think they make great folky art to hang in a kitchen or bathroom. If you don't like the art....the frames are pretty nice too.

82361_038.jpg

Back
Top Bottom