Oregon Peacock in need of Hen

Moodyblues7718

In the Brooder
7 Years
Aug 10, 2012
Corbett, Oregon
Hello,
I live in North Western Oregon and we have a 2yr old Peacock but can't seem to find a breeder or anyone with a hen for sale?????

Is there any breeders out there?

If a peacock does have white flight feathers what does thay mean will his babies be more white? Or I have another male with white feathers on his throat right under his mouth ?

If a peacock has white flight feathers, he is most likely split to white, so depending on the hen you breed him to, you could get white peachicks. If there are distinctly noticeable white feathers forming a throat patch then it would be dark pied.

If a peacock does have white flight feathers what does thay mean will his babies be more white? Or I have another male with white feathers on his throat right under his mouth ?
Peafowl male or female with white F.F, with or without a white throat patch, is split to white which means the bird is 50% white. Indiablue is BB. White is TT. Indiablue split white is TB. These letters are " genetic codes " of different colors. If you breed an Indiablue split white male with an Indiablue split white hen ( TB x TB = TT, TB, BB. meaning White, IB split white, and India blue 3 different kinds of chicks in the ratio of 25:50:25. are produced. )

Back
Top Bottom