Organic quail feed?

cbuilder

Hatching
5 Years
Feb 12, 2014
Just started raising quail for a month or so. I would like to go as organic, no gmo as possible. I was told Purina Wild game chow was all natural and a good feed for the birds. I cant find anywhere that says its all natural and after looking at the ingredients feel its not. Remember im a noob at this, is this a good feed, is there a better.

The only one I know that may work is scratch and pecks starter feed. They told me it would work for quail and it's verified gmo free. It's 20.5% protein. Lower than game bird feed.

You can either feed your quail the proper nutrition or you can feed them non gmo. The GMO free feeds havent reached into the gamebird market yet. I have been feeding purina gamebird chow for about 2 years, I used to feed King gamebird crumble and I see no difference and neither are all natural or GMO free. Just go with whatever 24% gamebird food you can find.

Buxton Feed will be having a gmo free soy free game bird feed in March. If I am going to eat the birds I raise I sure care about what goes into them.

The only way to trade off in feeding what non-gmo feeds there are right now is raising extra birds. inadequate protein will result in a smaller less filled out carcass. Just means extra dollars per ounce. It's not like your worried about the nutrition levels at this stage in life shortening their life span in birds you are going to eat.

Let us know how that buxton feed turns out if you try it.

Renaissance Farms and also a supplier on amazon are both advertising GMO soy free quail eggs so maybe it is available somewhere. I've emailed both asking for the name of the supplier. I'll pass it on if I get a response.

Ohh..the feed i bought has Lysine, not less than 1.5% and Methionine, not less than 0.5% does this mean its mediacted?

Back
Top Bottom