ORIENTAL CHICKEN CONTEST!!! CLOSED

Quote:
I was just at a place to buy call ducks that had lots of these shamos, malays, aseels, and my favorite their red shouldered yokohomas. Anyway, I couldn't get over how huge the shamos were, and was told they are really friendly if worked with. My first thought was that they were ugly, but now I want one.
lol.png
Lovely birds prarie!

If you were at where I think you were, they have exceptional fowl. I just love those big orientals and yes they are very friendly. Mine will follow me around the yard, look like little dinosaurs....if you are lucky enough to raise a few, you will be hooked....thanks for the compliments
smile.png

(Hatchery) Blue Red (Blue Wheaten) Cubalaya Cockerel (R.I.P.) - approx. 5 months old:

Picture139.jpg

(Breeder) Black Breasted Red (Wheaten) Cubalaya Cockerel - approx. 2 weeks old:

Cubalaya02SideView.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are some of mine.

Cochins:

BlueCochinTrionew.jpg

BlueCochinsnew.jpg

SplashCochinnew.jpg

Horrible Quality Red-Shouldered Yokohamas:

Red-ShoulderedYokohamanew.jpg

If I can find some of my Bantam Black Sumatras I will add them. I know the pictures aren't real great though...

I like the long tail China, do they all have long saddle feathers too? My father would be trying to pluck it to tie flies big_smile

Oh yes..long saddles and very long tails..He had just been in the breeding pen a bit too long and suffered the consequenses..lol!
smile.png

Quote:
Thanks for the compliment, I'm a big fan too. The hard feathers seem more resistant to getting dusty or ragged so they always look their best
big_smile.png

Quote:
Aren't cubalayas from Cuba? If I am wrong with my geography then your fine but I dont think that Cuba is near Asia.

Cubalayas show under All Other Standard Breeds (Orientals) for the APA. Like Prariechiken said they are from oriental stock, generally noted as being from the Philippine Islands, once in Cuba they were probably crossed with European breeds but like many breeds it's impossible to prove their origins

Back
Top Bottom