1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Ornamental ducks and pheasants!

Discussion in 'Other Poultry - Birds & Hatching Eggs' started by BYC-user-174785, Dec 21, 2012.

1. BYC-user-174785

BYC-user-174785 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2012
    I have the following birds for sale:

-Red Crested Pochard Hens(2) - They are full-winged, healthy and friendly as you can see from the pictures. They are adorable to see waddling over to you to get their daily food. They eat side by side with my pheasants and they get about a foot away from you without any problem. They are very fun to watch when they dive as well. 2012 hatch. SOLD LOCALLY

-Cinnamon Teal (2 pairs) - I have too many cinnamon teal! They are being to color up and are 2012 hatch and full-winged. SOLD

-Red Golden Pheasant Male - He is 2011 hatch. I have asked people who have pure red goldens about him, and he seems to have some flaws that might suggest he isn't pure, but he is absolutely beautiful. I did recently buy a pair of pure red goldens, so I must part with him because I do not want him contaminating my pure ones that I have. He will eat right out of your hand and he is such a friendly pheasant. SOLD

-Lady Amherst Pheasant Hen - She is 2011 hatch as well. I also asked breeders with pure L.A. about her purity, but she seems to have more traits of a red golden. Still she is a pretty bird. She will come right up to your hand regardless of if have a treat for her or not. She did successfully lay a few eggs and incubate them herself this past spring. I am selling her because I also bought a pure Lady Amherst pheasant pair and I would not want to contaminate those pure lines. SOLD TO tootsit

*You would definetely be pleased with my pheasants for sale because I spend quite some time with them attempting to tame them down
    and make them as friendly as possible to humans.*

The pictures posted are of my birds for sale. The pictures of the ducks may not be the exact duck you are getting, but they are there to represent the quality of the birds you are purchasing. Shipping is available for an extra fee.

These are the price I would like for the birds, but if you buy four(4) or more birds, you will get a discount:
    -Red Crested Pochard: $35 each SOLD LOCALLY
    -Cinnamon Teal: $50 per pair (I will have the paperwork for these birds) SOLD
    -Red Golden Pheasant Male: $50 SOLD
    -Lady Amherst Hen: $50 SOLD to tootsit

I will accept offers on them and trades. I am interested in the following: baikal teal, falcated teal, and other ornamental waterfowl. If you have any of those birds and are interested in a trade, just let me know and we can work something out.

Thanks for looking.
    Blue Creek Farm

Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
  2. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    I wish I was closer and had the money. Your birds are so beautiful and from the pictures look very curious and friendly. I hope they all find good homes. Merry Christmas!

~ Aspen

1 person likes this.
  3. BYC-user-174785

Nov 23, 2012
    Thank you very much.
    I hope you all had a great Christmas!

***Do not forget that I will accept trades or offers on these birds as well.***

1 person likes this.
  4. Tammy N

Tammy N Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2011
    Florence Oregon
    I have to ask what is that amazing spotted bird looks red and Gold spotting with the teal hen

5. animalsRawesome

animalsRawesome Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2011
    X2! [​IMG]

6. aldren90

aldren90 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 11, 2010
    Florida
    That's a temminck tragopan. They are very beautiful! :)

7. Tony K T

Tony K T Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    You wouldn't happen to have an extra hen for sale would ya?I am also looking for a grey peacock hen.
    In N.H.,Tony.

8. BYC-user-174785

Nov 23, 2012
    Yes that is a Temminck's Tragopan male next to the red crested pochard hen in the picture. They are really great birds to raise! Tony, I d
    only have two pairs of the tragopans but if you were interested we could reserve a hen for you that will be this year's hatch.

9. Tammy N

Tammy N Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2011
    Florence Oregon
    Thank you so much i looked them up for more info How Beautiful.
    If you ever get any feathers Id love to add one to my dream catcher ..... Grins

It would be awesome to see one in real life these are amazing.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by