orphaned gosling*NEW PICTURES*

Doesn't really matter either way but...
Google Canada gosling images and do the same for Graylag gosling (very similar to a 'gray' domestic goose). Look at the difference in down hues, foot color, beak shape, etc. The goslings are noticably different to those who have worked with both. The bird in question is either a) a domestic goose or b) a Canada x domestic goose.
DT

I think thats great news for her!. I love hearing stories like this and glad that she came here to share!.. I can't wait to watch lil guy here grow up!..
thumbsup.gif

Dr. Todd :

Doesn't really matter either way but...
Google Canada gosling images and do the same for Graylag gosling (very similar to a 'gray' domestic goose). Look at the difference in down hues, foot color, beak shape, etc. The goslings are noticably different to those who have worked with both. The bird in question is either a) a domestic goose or b) a Canada x domestic goose.
DT​

What a cute AFRICAN gosling! It looks like its about a week old. I feed my two week old African Gosling non-medicated chick starter, mixed with game feed and some cut grass....they eat like little monsters!!

thank you everyone!
He is growing! He doesnt fit so well in my pocket now. Today was very traumatic- he had to stay in the incubator at work along with his two stuffed buddies( who he ignores, btw) while I was working. He got several interactions though and outings with coworkers.
smile.png
The rest of the time he peeppeeepeeepepeeepeeepd and made me feel so guilty. I took him out and held him whenever I could.

After work, we enjoyed the yard. He is hard to photograph! His color is hard to capture. I didnt change setting on my camera but the sunshine messes with it or something.
Henry eating grass- this color is correct.
9221_henrygrass3.jpg

9221_henrygrass.jpg

9221_henrygrasshead.jpg

on our bench:
9221_henrybench.jpg

of course he wouldnt hold his head up long enough for a good shot.
Then I got him in the sun, telling me the grass is greener on the other side of the fence- his color is messed up by the sun here:

9221_henryfence.jpg

Asleep on my lap-
9221_henrylap.jpg

9221_henrylap2.jpg

I raised an orphan Canada goose 2 yrs ago. I put her in with my call ducklings and from that point on they thought she was mama. She was very attached to me and loved people. There was no way to obtain a permit for a wild goose I already had in my possession. So, I kept her illegally. I recently brought her to a wildlife education park because I felt like she needed to be around other geese. But I miss her. They are wonderful animals. I would gladly take an illegal goose again.

I think you should consider getting another gosling for it. Mine was so attached to people that she would fly up to the grocery store near my house to visit. She would also go up the road to be at the apartments. The cops were called many times because of idiotic people thinking she was going to attack their kids. I didn't clip her wings or keep her in a pen just in case the DNR or someone came by. We live on the river and I could just play dumb. "I don't know, this goose has just been hanging around here lately."

Back
Top Bottom