Orpie Chicks from yesterdays hatch, Cynthia

BamaChicken

Orpingtons Bama Style
12 Years
Nov 14, 2007
I have three splash. Now I don't know if they are pullets yet. Here is a very nice blue big ole chick
019.jpg

014-1.jpg

016-1.jpg

017.jpg

10 Orps in all. I will have to take some pics of the Mottled/blacks

Now, Miss Julie, how on earth did you get three splashes? They are gorgeous chicks, nice and plump. I'll be hatching some for KingsCalls in April from my birds. Watch him get a splash pullet out of that batch! MY splash pullet, LOL
hmm.png

No Yogi, My Blue Boy is Suedes Daddy.
Cyn, I am going to have to take you a pic of my Splash pullet. She is so beautiful and growing like crazy. I think I have broke the cycle of hatching all splash roos for myself. Having a Splash over splash is probably increasing the chances. I will continue to use the big Splash Roo till I have some younger Blue and Black Roos up to see what they are going to look like. I will definitely be putting a Black over some blacks. My Blacks that I hatched from another breeders eggs in Feb are nearly two months old now and they are huge. I have at least three cockerals. I will probably keep two of the most typey.

awwwww! So very cute! I love all the pics of the babies, especially the Orps. Now I know what a splash baby looks like. (I have a dozen Blue Orp eggs coming next week)
That blue chick has a huge front end, is that common with the breed?

Julie, you really should do the black over black. I have one black cockerel from Suede who is 11 weeks old and drop-dead gorgeous! KingsCalls claimed him and will pick him up when he picks up his chicks at the end of April. That boy has huge legs. You can tell he'll be very large when he matures. If Jeff hadn't said he wanted that boy, I may have found a way to keep him!
Can't wait to see the splash pullet pics!

Back
Top Bottom