orpington candy.....

WOW they are gorgeous!!!
wink.png

is there another breed that looks like Orps cause I have a black hen that has curly back feathers and looks just like the one on that sight
I'm going to go take a pic

Quote:
No its NOT impossible but it would burn a hole in your pocketbook and savings. You would have to go thru alot of red tape, a whole bunch of importation papers, etc. It would cost somewhere between a thous to two thous dollars for each bird for a 30 day quarantine as a destinated facilities that deals with imported animals.

As for hatching eggs, you would need the same likewise mentioned above, the probability of hatching those eggs would be none or one or two chicks alive. Rose Isgrigg had imported a doz of those wonderful Faverolle eggs and only one hatched, a pullet. Not bad for a 1200 dollar pullet but she would not do that again!
lol.png

as soon as i get old enough to move out and get my own place i am going to save up and get me some foreign orps and i don't care how much it cost. top of the list is chocolate and gold laced orps any one want some in about 8 years *sigh .
love.gif
orps
love.gif
orps

The English did not produce the birds they have over night. It took years of careful breeding and patience. If anyone starts now and they stay focused they will have beautiful birds in a few years. Watching for the small details is the key to breeding handsome birds.

If you can not find a fluffy orpington try finding a fluffy cochin then cross the two. You got to think outside the box and get the genes from somewhere.

Believe it or not the Europeans would like to have some of out genetically diverse birds for breeding.

Tim

Last edited:
Well said Tim. Thinking outside the box in developing new color varieties is definitely necessary. You have to be focused and willing to cull heavy. Altho it takes a few years to get there, it is all worth it to see the beautiful color varieties here.

Jody

Back
Top Bottom