Orschlens Easter Eggs? Pullets?

I would. Show them the pictures you posted here along with your receipt if you still have it.

I purchased 25 EE Pullets and 5 Rhode Island Red Pullets from Orschlens this year. 6 or the look like B Rocks to me and non have beards of any sort. Do I have a bunch of brown egg layers now? Also some have large combs. I believe that says they are rosters but don't have experience with EEs
I know this has been a few months ago, but I also purchased a few chicks from Orscheln this year. They had straight run marked as "Rainbow Layers" I did get a few from that bin. I ended up with Rhode Island Red, New Hampshire, Barred Rocks, and what appears to be a Production Red.

While they were still days old chicks I researched a little and found out Orscheln gets chicks from Estes Hatchery. A quick trip to their website is all it took to fine out their "Rainbow Layers" must refer to chicks of different colors, NOT eggs of color. I didn't take the time to look at leg coloring when I picked out the chicks.

As far as health, they all did very well. Each is a now a beautiful young pullet beginning to lay! I still love them even though they're not Easter Eggers.

I do however think the labeling as "Rainbow Layers" is a bit deceiving..but that is Estes Hatchery term, not Orscheln's. In my local store, the employees aren't chicken experts...they are employees that sell products, not necessarily experts in anything they sell!

Back
Top Bottom