O'Shamo hatching eggs 6+

UrbanviewFarm

In the Brooder
7 Years
Apr 2, 2012
State of Jefferson
Selling hatching eggs from show quality O'shamo stock. 6+ eggs are only $20! This does not include shipping cost which I would anticipate to be around $10 or $15.
Mixed-breed eggs sell separately for $5 per dozen and we hatch some gorgeous babies from our stock!!
Bourbon Red hatching eggs will be available soon as well.
Experienced breeder (3+ years) of ducks, chickens, turkeys as well as other birds and livestock.
Eggs will be packaged very carefully and individually wrapped.
If you are able to pick the eggs up I will throw in any extras on hand for your time and goodwill.

Please dont hesitate to contact me for pictures and details! Located in Northern California.

Shannon Riley
BlueOak Farm, Redding California
[email protected]
Http://blueoakshasta.blogspot.com
530-262-0854

Last edited:
They don't look like pure bred O Shamo. Do they have any other blood in them and how long have you had them as a breeder. It looks like who ever you got them from ripped you off.

They don't look like pure bred O Shamo. Do they have any other blood in them and how long have you had them as a breeder. It looks like who ever you got them from ripped you off.

This is my third year working with this breed. These are research stock from a University farm in Alabama. My biggest problem is finding unrelated stock--NONE of the local breeders have acceptable looking birds; there is a common misconception in the area that Thai are shamos, apparently.
I'm very sure I was not ripped off, would not have gone to the trouble of importing these birds across the country if the stock wasnt the best that can be had.
There are three different kinds of shamo, however. Are you sure you've got the right type in mind? It's a pretty common error so understandable you may think that. ;)

This is my third year working with this breed. These are research stock from a University farm in Alabama. My biggest problem is finding unrelated stock--NONE of the local breeders have acceptable looking birds; there is a common misconception in the area that Thai are shamos, apparently.
I'm very sure I was not ripped off, would not have gone to the trouble of importing these birds across the country if the stock wasnt the best that can be had.
There are three different kinds of shamo, however. Are you sure you've got the right type in mind? It's a pretty common error so understandable you may think that.
wink.png
The reason I thought they might not be pure O Shamo is because their tails look too high. I have a black O Shamo from a local breeder that has bred them pure for over 15 years and most of their tails are at or below horizontal. I was not aware that there are 3 types of O Shamo. I would be glad for you to educate me on that subject.

Head up, tail down is what I look for! Split feathers showing the keel and those gorgeous red faces and looooooong legs. That brown looking hen in the pic is my least favorite and it's because of her conformation. I like the slightly larger wheaten hen I've got the best. This is going to be the brown hen's last season; would like to focus more on the wheatens in the future but am just getting whatever eggs I can from their pen right now, considering this time of year LOL. I do breed towards/cull for conformation but not color just yet. Ya cant win every time, I'm working with very limited genetics thus far and am doing my best with what I do have.

About the different types of Shamos, this page describes it fairly well.
http://www.albc-usa.org/cpl/shamo.html

Head up, tail down is what I look for! Split feathers showing the keel and those gorgeous red faces and looooooong legs. That brown looking hen in the pic is my least favorite and it's because of her conformation. I like the slightly larger wheaten hen I've got the best. This is going to be the brown hen's last season; would like to focus more on the wheatens in the future but am just getting whatever eggs I can from their pen right now, considering this time of year LOL. I do breed towards/cull for conformation but not color just yet. Ya cant win every time, I'm working with very limited genetics thus far and am doing my best with what I do have.

About the different types of Shamos, this page describes it fairly well.
http://www.albc-usa.org/cpl/shamo.html
Thanks I appreciate it.

You're very welcome!

It looks like this bunch of eggs is going to be shipped to Eureka so I do not currently have any available as of this evening. Please check back with me next week or when its convenient if anybody is still interested.

Selling hatching eggs from show quality O'shamo stock. 6+ eggs are only $20! This does not include shipping cost which I would anticipate to be around $10 or $15.
Mixed-breed eggs sell separately for $5 per dozen and we hatch some gorgeous babies from our stock!!
Bourbon Red hatching eggs will be available soon as well.
Experienced breeder (3+ years) of ducks, chickens, turkeys as well as other birds and livestock.
Eggs will be packaged very carefully and individually wrapped.
If you are able to pick the eggs up I will throw in any extras on hand for your time and goodwill.

Please dont hesitate to contact me for pictures and details! Located in Northern California.

Shannon Riley
BlueOak Farm, Redding California
[email protected]
Http://blueoakshasta.blogspot.com
530-262-0854

Are you still selling to the public? My husband and I are greatly interested in hatching eggs?

Back
Top Bottom