Ostrich Eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by bwhite28, Sep 24, 2009.

1. bwhite28

bwhite28 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 7, 2007
    Southeastern PA
    Hey does anyone know where I can buy some Ostrich eggs in a small amount? Mayb about 6.

2. Phage

Phage Mad Scientist Premium Member

Aug 1, 2009
    San Diego, CA
    Ebay sometimes

3. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    Try ScrappyRoo. When I searched quickly for you this morning I found that he apparently is a neighbor of someone with ostriches.

Also you might want to ask the moderator to move post over in Other Poultry as that will likely get better response. If I find anything else, I'll edit this post.

Have a blessed and good day....I've always loved the big birds, emu and ostrich but after 500 animals on the farm, hubby said no more pens, we need room for veggies!

4. becky3086

becky3086 Crested Crazy

Oct 14, 2008
    Thomson, GA
    I have never seen 6 ostrich eggs offered, it is usually just 1 or 2. Hope you find some though, I would love to try them but don't think Phil is going to let me get away with that one, lol.

5. _lizzer_

_lizzer_ Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2009
    western mass
  6. willkatdawson

willkatdawson Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    Ga
    I got mine on ebay a few months back. What are you planning on doing with yours? I keep mine in a basket on our dinning room table mixed with some emu eggs. My husband say I'm egg crazy! I love the way they look. Rub a little olive oil on them and they really shine.

[​IMG]

7. geosheets

geosheets Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2009
    Ohio
    Quote:maybe just 'eggcentric'... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by