Ostrich

The first 3 months are very difficult. They are very sensitive, and could die at a drop of a dime. After 3 months they are very hardy after Then. Need a strong high fence.

Mychickshatched! :

Hmm... What does the meat taste like? Chicken? I can't wait to see pictures! Hope everything goes well!

I heard it tastes like beef only sweeter​

pop.gif
Im joinin this party! This is going to be so much fun!

97694_bit_bit.jpg

97694_img_2196.jpg

this is my ostrich born 2 days ago in an incubator.I would like to know more about some information on what is best to feed to maintain the temperature etc. etc..I know it's very difficult for the first 3 months.
Can someone give me suggestions?it is easier to breed emus?
Thank

Quote:
One ostrich? That's interesting. The egg pictured is second Ostrich or no? I hear emus Are easier to raise. Im new at this myself but What I've been told is be very careful with them overeating grass stalks..keep grass very short. And any foreign objects until they learn what food is. And rocks. Need small rocks to digest food. Im sure You know All That stuff already. Im petrified to have babies again...worried if they'll even make it through incubation!

Hows your little guy doing?

Ostrich meat is yummy - like the richest, tastiest beef you have every had. It is dark also. Great burgers.
They sell ostrich burgers at our grocery - high end, but delish.

Back
Top Bottom