Other than Peas??

My ducklings love romaine lettuce. The older ones I just throw a few leaves in with them and they throw them around and strip the stalks clean. The younger ducklings we try to hold the stalks for them so they can tear pieces easier. They like butter lettuce too but its a softer consistency so I usually pre-cut it. I have also been giving them dried mealworms on occasion, they love them a little too much. Today when the little ones were outside I found some earthworms in a bucket of water. The only one that would even touch it was one of the runners. The others wanted nothing to do with them.
lol.png

I can get my ducks to follow me almost anywhere if i have a handful of freshly chopped lettuce in my hand. Unless it is raining and they see worms, then they don't care if I have cracked corn, lettuce, or diced apples. Another thing too, off topic but I have green plastic cups I feed them with, meaning I carry the food to there dish in a green cup. They see that cup and they are waddling as fast as they can to the food dish.

Kale is great, and in the cold winter months make the ducks mashed potato (no salt, but a little milk to cool them off) on cold mornings, or whole, rolled oatmeal.

Back
Top Bottom