Ouch!...fiesty chick!

Kieyamama

Songster
10 Years
Aug 23, 2009
NorCal
Random story ahead:

I have a few freckle-thingies on my arm and every time I stick my hand in the brooder the chicks, especially one of the Delaware's, thinks my freckle is food! She pecks at it and tries to grab a hold of it! Well today she did get a hold of it and was HANGING from my arm with her lil' beak and a pinch of my skin! ouch!!
ep.gif

YEOUCH!!!!! Believe me, I know how you feel! I have a freckle thing on the back of my arm...tricep area. Sometimes when I'm in the coop kneeling down to pet one of them, or filling food or water, my poor tricep freckle is attacked by my big girls
ep.gif

lau.gif
lau.gif
That is a funny story. Our silver laced wyandotte is our chick that likes to peck at things, moles, freckles, ear rings, eye, etc. My cousin came over and he is full of freckles and I told him how she likes to peck at them. Sure enough he held her and it was like freckle over load for her she went crazy walking/running up and down his arm trying to peck every single freckle....lol
gig.gif
gig.gif

Silly birds!

Quote:
Oh we all share your pain
smile.png

Freckles, fingernails, toenails, rings, earrings, shoe strings, clothing hems, necklaces, even those little areas of discoloration on my jeans....its ALL up for grabs around my crew.
roll.png

one of my Australorpe chiklets is so funny...I bring out a treat to the run for them, it cna be a handful of chick grower, a bit of bread, fruit, veggie....this little one goes for fingers every time!!

Not just mine, my hubby's too lol She will look at our hand with the food, take a bite of the food and then nibble away on the fingers lol It doesnt hurt...but it is just hilarious
smile.png
We pick her up, she nibbles on our hands/fingers. We offer treats...our fingers get nibbled.

Thinking bout changing her name to Niblet
tongue.png

Oh my gosh, I have a little Delaware pullet who is really bad about that, too. The others (both hens and pullets) are bad, but this little stinker is obcessed with all the freckles, etc on my hands and arms!!! It's amazing how hard they can grab the skin with their pointy little beaks! OUCH!!!!

Back
Top Bottom