Our biggest egg yet! (IMG heavy)

SarahInAlaska

Songster
6 Years
Apr 2, 2013
We have several consistent large egg layers. Our Cuckoo and our Barred Rock always lay eggs over 2.5 oz and tip my egg scale way past the XL mark. And my three leghorns occasionally contribute one in that size too. But today one of them layed a monster!

My normal "XXL" eggs

Today's beast!

That's awesome! We had a Cornish cross that we let mature and she laid eggs like that. They were usually double yolks. It looks like that's what you've got there.

That's my guess. I just can't believe I have almost a dozen huge eggs! Lol! I sure have some awesome gals in my flock!

Oh the pain hahahaha. I was looking up egg info and found this video on youtube. Have to let us know if you got the same when you open it up!
Lol! I've seen that video. I won't be opening it as I had a close friend request a dozen of my "XXL" eggs so it went into her carton but I'll be sure to ask her to take pics and let me know how they all turn out!

WOW! i'm impressed. our girls just started laying so their eggs are super tiny. Can't wait to see how big they get.
That's super cool~

All my leghorns are 10 months old so they aren't very old themselves! I'm super impressed with their laying skills! :)

Back
Top Bottom