Our Chicken Coop and Duck Pad in the Back Yard

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by HaleMoa, Oct 9, 2008.

1. HaleMoa

HaleMoa In the Brooder

Please check out this link of our backyard poultry flock!!! http://sarahbc.multiply.com/video

It takes you to some videos of our Duck Pad and Chicken Coop/Run...

Last edited: Oct 10, 2008
  2. HaleMoa

HaleMoa In the Brooder

and another thing: we used all recycled material to build everything, the coop/run and the duck house, including all the little "decorative touches", i.e. tire, mirror, etc. [​IMG]

yup! there's nothing like raising your own food and trying to keep your consumption to a minimum. just trying to jump on the "going green" bandwagon.

3. vfem

vfem Yoga...The Chicken Pose

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Good for you!!!! I think going green and reusing items is the best possible way to go. Good job too!!!

We're doing the same for ours. (Though I did end up spending a little less then $100 to get some upgrades, but if I waited longer I could have gotten the items.)

In fact, we are giving away quite a bit of left overs as soon as I finished my raised garden with the remaining wood. It feels good, and we have lots of thankful animals for it too!!!!

4. Picky Chicky

Picky Chicky Songster

Sep 22, 2008
    Holly Grove, VA
    They seemed pretty enthralled with themselves in that mirror! What a great idea!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: