Our chicken looks as though she is falling to bits!!!

SuzanneW

In the Brooder
7 Years
Oct 1, 2012
France

I have taken some pictures of her.

I had to lift her out of her box and so she was very docile and yet when I put her on the ground, she literally bounded out and ran to her food and was just as the other ones. She also went to the toilet and it was normal.

Yet despite all this, she is - well for want of a better word: wasting away; it is like part of her is missing!!!

I put poweder in the water containers to stop pests. She is not being attacked as I watched her for quite a bit and none of the others are having a go at her!!!

What on earth can be wrong with her?

I have taken some pictures of her.

I had to lift her out of her box and so she was very docile and yet when I put her on the ground, she literally bounded out and ran to her food and was just as the other ones. She also went to the toilet and it was normal.

Yet despite all this, she is - well for want of a better word: wasting away; it is like part of her is missing!!!

I put poweder in the water containers to stop pests. She is not being attacked as I watched her for quite a bit and none of the others are having a go at her!!!

What on earth can be wrong with her?

I think she's molting. Your pictures are a little fuzzy/ Some chickens look awful when they molt. Some you can hardly tell. I have one that looks much worse than yours. Give the birds some extra protein. Another possibility would be mites or lice.

I had not thought about that, because it is the worst case of malting that I have seen, but since you say yours are worse, then I think that is probably the case.

Thanks so much for replying.

Back
Top Bottom