Our Coop and Run are ALMOST DONE! -pics

THAT is a chicken hotel!
cool.png

What an adorable coop! What are you planning to cover the plywood with for run roof? I am looking into metal roofing for mine. It isn't the cheapest roofing material, but I can collect rain water off of it safely and voila! free water for the chickens.
Great job!

Hey y'all, I will post some pics of the inside soon as I can. It is not done yet, I need to build my PDZ shelf under my roost bars, which I need to do still also. I am currently working on the auto pop door. I got my Add-A-Motor last week, but have not yet been able to get enough time to design it's install. I did cut my door opening, but I think I'm going to cut it bigger tonight. I am hoping to meetup with one of the members here tonight and pickup 2 sweet EE laying hens to add to my flock.
I appreciate all the great comments, I have put alot of time and thought into this project, and have learned alot about carpentry along the way too!
I plan on starting a couple small portable coops soon also. I recently scored on a truckload of plywood and corrugated metal roofing...should be interesting.
Thanks
Sean

Back
Top Bottom