1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Our Coops and Run

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Bowldy45, May 11, 2016.

1. Bowldy45

Bowldy45 Out Of The Brooder

May 18, 2015
    North Central Montana
    The run is finally done! My hubby did an awesome job of taking my vision and turning it into this :) . The coop on the left we built for the chicks, but then he decided we needed something a bit smaller till they were bigger. So for now, and until I get the rest of the dirt around the inside edges, there is a mini run attached to the red barn coop for them to enjoy.
    After 2 day of non stop rain, they were glad to be out again, that is till I brought out the camera. Then they decided to be camera shy!! LoL
    Just glad that I now do not have to worry about the hawks and other feathered predators swooping down on them. There is also fencing buried all the way around so that no digging predators can access the inside as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. Rod-T

Rod-T Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2015
    Deer park, Washington
    Looks great congrats

3. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

Awesome run! You will not regret giving them so much space!

4. aart

aart Chicken Juggler! Premium Member

Nov 27, 2012
    SW Michigan
    My Coop
    Great space for aerial predator protection.
    What about snowload?

5. limited25

limited25 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2016
    Oklahoma
    Really nice job, looks great!

6. Bowldy45

Bowldy45 Out Of The Brooder

May 18, 2015
    North Central Montana

There is still some "adjustments" I need/want to make with this. Snow load on the netting is one of them! I haven't figured out what to do yet, as I don't know if the netting will hold any significant amounts. Suggestions? Something I have considered is adding hard wire fencing across the top, over the netting.

7. aart

aart Chicken Juggler! Premium Member

Nov 27, 2012
    SW Michigan
    My Coop

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by