Our dog Sweetie has a broken leg : ( UPDATE: Everythings okay!

Just got home from taking Sweetie to the vet, and she doesn't need surgery! Thank God! We looked at the x rays and its a clean brake above the wrist. So none of the tiny wrist bones are affected. He thought the best thing for her was to set the bone and splint it...She now she has a purple cast on her front leg! I'm so happy everything worked out good!

The hard part now is going to be keeping her locked up and still for 6-8 weeks. Shes going to go crazy!
smile.png

The next thing you need to remember is that she's got very delicate bones and is now, proven, to be prone to breaking. It might be a good idea to teach her to stay off her furniture all together or you may be in for a lot of emergency Vet trips for broken leg bones. One alternative is to get her a step stool to get up and down and train her to use that exclusively instead of jumping.
smile.png
Glad she is going to be ok
hugs.gif

awww! poor sweetie, but I am glad it wasn't worse. Yes, keeping them still is difficult, but I spent a lot of time sitting on the floor reading and petting a dog head. It seems to calm them down just being with them. They want their pack with them.

It's been a difficult day. You need a cup of tea.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom