Our first coop (pic heavy)

Great looking coop! I love the little window in the door; I may have to modify my door to accomodate one.
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
I kept really good cross ventillation from the two 18" x 27" windows that I keep wide open. I don't have gable vents yet. I haven't been able to find any that I like at Home Depot or any other buildling supply store. When I do find some I like, I'll be easy to cut out two holes and each end and pop them in.

Don't know where you are, but here in joja the roof would be so hot you couldn't keep your hand on it.
;O)
here the heat is a problem and not so much the cold, so insulation and venting is of utmost importance.

Settin'_Pretty :

]Don't know where you are, but here in joja the roof would be so hot you couldn't keep your hand on it.;O) here the heat is a problem and not so much the cold, so insulation and venting is of utmost importance.

I'm in Vermont. Rarely gets that hot here, though the last few days have been in the low 90's.​

It was 98 here yesterday and the low was 80 as far as I could tell.
Been that way about all week. ;O)
anyway nice coop, hope you and your family get years of enjoyment with it.

That is awesome!! What are you doing next weekend??
gig.gif
What size did it end up being? I need to get busy on mine, and having never done this before, I may go snag some Amish men to help me. Making angled cuts are not my forte! May just get some of those "Fast Framers" so I don't have to do the angles. I'm sure your chooks will be very happy with their new home.

Quote:
I'll try to get some close-up pics of it to post for you. It's basically two pieces of plywood on either side of a 2x4 bottom, and a third piece of plywood dropped between them and fastened in place. I can fill it up from the backside without having to go into the coop. The back wall of the trough is about 9 inches high, so I can fill it all the way to the top and there's always food in there. Works pretty good! I'll get more info for you later.

Quote:
Thank you! The dimensions are 6' x 8'. I separated out 20" at the end of the 8' length to put in the half wall with the built in feed trough and for feed and bedding storage, so the inside usable space for chickens is less than 8'. The design is a salt box as well, so the height of the front wall is 72" but the back wall is only 60".

Back
Top Bottom