Our First Egg!!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by downstownlady, Oct 3, 2010.

1. downstownlady

downstownlady Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Conroe, TX
    We are nearing the completion of our coop (we waited until the last minute...) and this morning as my DH was getting ready to put the roof on, I spied a round object under the nearly completed hen house...YEP...OUR VERY FIRST EGG!!! Here it is!!!
    [​IMG]

2. pookiegoldman

pookiegoldman Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 3, 2010
    Grand Isle, Louisiana
    Congrats! What Was The Breed And Age Of The Hen?

3. downstownlady

Apr 28, 2010
    Conroe, TX
    [​IMG] Well, it could have been one of the Buff Orpingtons, Barred Rocks, Sex Links or Easter Eggers...we were just getting started on the perm roof and I found it. It is very pale, so I am leaning towards EE...but the nest boxes will hopefully be set in the next day or so after the roof at least they are built. We are another one of "those" people who thought we had plenty of time to get everything done. [​IMG]

4. pookiegoldman

pookiegoldman Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 3, 2010
    Grand Isle, Louisiana
    That's about the color of my buff orpington's eggs... My sex-links are quite a bit darker. Congrats anyway!

5. chicken wild

chicken wild Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2010
    Franklin Ga
    congratulations one of my hens had her first egg the other day.
    [​IMG]

6. downstownlady

Apr 28, 2010
    Conroe, TX
    Thank you!!! It could very well be the BO...we got the nest boxes (well 2 of them anyway) in now. We got 2 more today and 1 was a little darker and then 1 the same color as the other...same size too. Were cheering them all on...and I am really looking forward to see what they have for me tomorrow!!!

7. downstownlady

Apr 28, 2010
    Conroe, TX
    Quote:Hey...Congrats!!! Isn't this fun???

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by