Our first venture in incubating/pics

tfpets

Mmm, tastes like chicken
13 Years
Jan 7, 2008
N.Cali/Chico/Forest Ranch
big_smile.png

Well, after scouring the forums, pestering local people and others online, etc.. we have finally started our incubator! Its been an adventure, its full of eggs from ebay, BYC, and even a few from my own cuckoo marans! Boy, was I thrilled when my hubby caught on and bought the Hova bator 1588 with egg turner! We plan to get a hatching incubator in the next couple of weeks also.
I accidentally over-ordered eggs - does anyone ever get carried away and lose count? I sent some to my mother-in-law to hatch! That box arrived on time, in excellent shape, on 3/13/08. On 3/14/08 we got our other two boxes - The white box had the most damage inside, while the most damaged box actually had no broken eggs! Oh well, the post office sure can do a number on them, I'm keepin my fingers crossed we get to see little fuzzies in 21 days! Here's the bator on Day 1 all set up. Thanks to everyone who has given us so much inspiration and information! Here's to hatching on 4/4/08!! Tina/tfpets
Box2-brokens.jpg
Bangedupbox.jpg
Smooshedegg.jpg
Firstbatchincubator.jpg

What a great adventure for you!! I hope you have fuzzyness comming in your future!!! I'll keep an ey out to see how you get along. Everyone doing this hatching thing makes me want ot try it soooooo much!!!

Good luck I did the same thing. I ended up buying another bator for a second hatch. We are also in our first hatch and anxiously awaiting for the chickees to arrive. Good luck. What kind of eggs did you get?

My eggs are Black Langshan, Black Australorp, Giant Cochin, Jersey Giant, Serama, Banty Cochin, and my own Cuckoo Marans...ooohhh...is it April yet? I wanna see if there's gonna be fuzz butts!
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom